About Us

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

New Toys for Free

Mommy Tip of the Day: Rotate some of your child's toys into a closet and out of site. Then trade them out again after a few weeks. It keeps your toy area more manageable and it is like getting new toys every few weeks.

Thanks to garage sales and my husbands fascination with the Amazing Animals, my daughters have more toys than they need. I TRY to contain them all in a small area of our house. I say try because of course, my daughter drags them out through the whole house. One of the ways that I try to keep "Magic Toy Land" under control is to limit how many toys go back there. I have a closet in another room that I don't use for much, but I keep a box in there that I rotate toys into.

I take some of the stuffed animals, and some of the dolls, and some of the amazing animals, just any old assortment really. Some days there is no rhyme or reason other than the first 10 things that I get my hands on. They all go into the closet for a couple of weeks. When they come out, my daughter is excited to see them again and a new set goes away for a while. She never seems to miss the "Friends" when they are "on vacation" and it is a special treat when they come out.

I try bring the "friends" out when she has earned a special treat, or even better when I need to get something done. When I need a chunk of time to get a set of slings made, or to finish some other Snuggy Baby project, I will bring out the toys and I get a good 30 minutes to an hour where she is completely entertained and I get lots done.

What mom couldn't use 30-60 minutes of uninterrupted work time?

No comments:

Post a Comment