About Us

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Ironing Buttons the Easy Way

Mommy Tip of the Day: To easily iron buttons on a shirt, iron it from the back side. The iron will glide right over the buttons and you won't have to iron around them.

When I became a mom, I should have just given away all of my shirts that need ironing. And any shirt with buttons is just a choking hazard because my dear angels think that buttons are too cool and want to pull at them till they come off anyway. But if you have decided to accept the challenge of wearing shirts with buttons that also need pressing, all I can say is, "Why?"

This morning as I was rummaging through my clothes, trying in vain to find something appropriate for this tricky fall weather (too cool for shorts, but too hot for pants) I finally decided to pull out a pretty wrinkled button up short sleeved shirt. Not at all what I would normally choose, but it was the best option that I had available. Normally I would look at this wrinkled shirt and decide one of two things. Either I would take the time to throw it in the dryer with a wet towel and try to get some of the wrinkles out; or more likely, I would just put the silly shirt on and hope that the wrinkles worked themselves out.

Today, for some unusual reason, it dawned on me that I had the iron already set up just a couple of feet away. Ok...so it was waiting on slings to be pleated, but helping out this poor wrinkled shirt should make it feel useful, right? and surely it would only take a few minutes, right???? For the record, NOTHING only takes a few minutes with a 2 year old and a 9 month old running around.

This seemingly menial task that in my mommy fantasy was ONLY going to take a couple of minutes, ended up taking at least 10 between the screaming and chasing. Thankfully the buttons only took a couple of seconds, or I'm sure that I would have given into the screaming and chasing and just worn it wrinkles and all.

Wrinkles are the new black, right???

No comments:

Post a Comment